Monday, March 10, 2008

Literal and Literary works of Art, cooking, and science!

Hello, everyone!

It's the start of the Third Trimester here at my school. I now have a new exploratory - ART! We're going to make pots, and dioramas, and paint! And, we're going to be learning about different artists and their paintings. Ahem...Michelangelo, Rembrandt, Raphael, Leonardo da Vinci, and Van Gogh. Feel free to point out spelling errors.

My previous exploratories were Horticulture (plants, soil, and the environment) and Cooking. I still have the recipes we used. They include Fruit Muffins, Banana Cream Pie, Fruit Salad, Whipped Cream, Manicotti, and Rolls. All of them have been test tasted by moi, making them excellent! There are about twenty total - you can ask for a list of foods for which I have the recipe or you can ask for the recipes themselves.

I have received a Renaissance project and must research Copernicus. Does anyone know of any good sites, to save me "looking time?" Or just direct information. That will also work. Oh, yeah. Don't use Wikipedia unless you can verify the information. Any information will help!

Book news:
Brsingr is the third book in the Eragon series. I don't know when it is coming out. Inkdeath is the third book in the Inkheart series. I don't know when it is coming out. The Final Warning is the fourth book in the Maximum Ride series. It's coming out on March 17. Rumor has it that there will be 12 books in the series. Happy reading!

Bye-bye!
David

No comments: