Sunday, April 6, 2008

Poem

Hello, all you blog readers out there!

Today, I am going to share with you a poem that I made about spring:

Is there poetry in spring? With birds chirping, flowers blooming.
Warm rains come from liquid snows and with them new life bring.

Spiderwebs shine with light from dew, and did I mention breezes too?
There are lots of colors, coming fast, a multicolored sail or mast.

Butterflies flip their tiny wings and bees buzz in serenity;
Soon their honey will bring bears, for licking in glee.

Is there poetry in spring, with animals coming
And with them their friends all come running.

The afternoons are sunny, and the new world brings honey
For the newborn bunny who would like to dip his funny little nose.

All the world is green now; and we see the light of spring – wow.
The Earth is reproducing for a show where we can come and go.

The dew on the grass makes it wet, so you must not forget;
That there is poetry in spring that has not come yet.

The colors range from orange to blue and make me say, “I do, I do.
I really do love this place; from the anchored roots to the tallest face.

Is there poetry in spring? Of course! The answer’s yes!
And never in my lifetime would I settle for any less!”

Quote of the Day:
"If you can dream it, you can do it."
- Walt Disney (1901 - 1966)

Bye,
David

1 comment:

Marilee said...

Very nice spring time poem. I will be anxious to read a winter time poem after spending one in Boston!